Vientiane Authorities Confer on Urban Planning Development
Vientiane authorities in cooperation with the Ministry of Public Works and Transport convened a meeting on urban planning development in the capital to mark the 31st anniversary of World Habitat Day.
The seminar took place in Vientiane on Monday and was attended by Deputy Minister of Public Works and Transport, Ms Vilaykham Phosalath, Vientiane Mayor Dr Sinlavong Khoutphaythoune and officials.
The meeting heard that many new shops and other buildings continue to encroach beyond survey markers onto public roads and Vientiane authorities are determined enforce the rules concerning structures and road reserves.
This problem may be difficult to resolve as many new building owners have not notified authorities of their official existence while other people are not aware of the regulations, so local authorities need to make sure everyone is familiar with the rules concerning new construction.
According to authorities in Vientiane building codes state that buidling must be at least four metres from a roadside sidewalk. In rural areas, alongside Road 13 North and South for example, buildings may not be closer than 25 metres to a sidewalk.
Vice Vientiane Major, Mr. Keophilavanh Arphaylath said the meeting focused on four main issues: Vientiane urban planning from now to 2030, regulations for development and management of buildings, road reserve management, and the road repair fund.
During the meeting participants also discussed future zoning in the capital for industrial, agriculture, international trade and other service areas, and especially housing. The meeting also marked the 31st anniversary of World Housing Day. This year’s theme is Housing at the Centre with the campaign aiming to raise awareness about the need for affordable housing for all in urban areas, towns and cities.
Source: Vientiane Times
More from Laotiantimes
- Vientiane Authorities Launch Stricter Inspections of Vehicle Number Plates
- Boost Economic Development, PM Urges Authorities in Phongsaly
- Vientiane Water Supply Pours 800 bln kip for Development of Water System
- Vientiane Authorities Seize Illegally Imported Vehicles
- Urban Youth Dance 2016 to Promote Youth Performance
- Economic Research Is Vital For National Financial Planning
- Laos Tracks Increased ￼￼Family Planning Services
- Authorities Confirm Contractor Responsible for Roadside Repairs