GMT +07:00
| Video News | |

Phu Bia Mining Welcomes High Level Visit from Myanmar

4504

Phu Bia Mining (PBM) last week received a Myanmar high level visit led by Minister of Natural Resources and Environmental Conservation, Mr. Ohn Win.PanAust, PBM’s parent company, was granted three exploration licenses from the Myanmar Government in early 2016.

The package of tenements covers 1,400 sq km in Sagaing Division, northwest Myanmar. The area is considered to have high prospects for copper and gold.

The Minister met with Minister of Energy and Mines Mr. Khammany Inthirath and discussed PanAust’s investments in the Lao mining sector, as well as its plans for Myanmar, Phu Bia Mining said yesterday.

The delegation visited the Phu Kham Copper-Gold Operation, the Ban Houayxai Gold-Silver Operation and the Ban Thouay Transit Facility (where the company’s haulage operations are run from).

They were able to learn about the company’s approach to environmental management, including reforestation work, the on-site recycling of around 20 items and the water used in processing, and a recent road engineering project in the Phu Kham mining pit that reduced haul truck emissions by six per cent.

“The Minister and his delegates were very impressed with PBM’s environmental standards, and our achievements related to production, safety and community,” said Phu Bia Mining Chairman, Mr. Chanpheng Bounnaphol. 

“There is no substitute for seeing first-hand how a company conducts its business on the ground and we are confident that this visit will positively inform discussions with other Myanmar stakeholders,” he said.

In Myanmar, PanAust holds an 80 per cent interest in Wuntho Resources Company Limited (WRCL). The remaining 20 per cent is owned by the Myanmar Energy Resources Group International Company Limited (MERG). WRCL owns 100 per cent of the rights to the areas covered by the exploration licences.

Source: KPL